I’d like to keep the dust off this here ol’ blog, even if I’m only posting once or twice a month, so I’m giving Friday Fives a try. I’m positive someone else has already invented this, but right now, I’m taking the moment 😉
1. Last month, my husband and I celebrated 20 years since we first met. It was on a Friday and the next day it began to snow. And snow…and snow…and snow. Around four feet in total, the most I’ve ever seen, although the snow a few weeks ago definitely gave it a run for its money.
2. A few days after Christmas, lil’ bro and I road tripped to visit my grandmother and take place in a cousins’ reunion. It’d been years since I’d seen most of them, and one I’d never even met because of distance. Such a great time.
3. I’ve been watching the War & Peace mini-series that aired on History Channel. It looks lovely, but I’m feeling detached because of the British accents in Russia. I finished part 1 last night and plan to watch the rest but I’m not scrambling to do it.
4. I’m working on EMMA and decided to enter my girl in a Red Light / Green Light contest at Adventures in YA Publishing. Earlier this morn, I got an email that I’m an accepted entry! Unfinished mss were accepted and this gives me the motivation to work harder to make her complete.
5. I’m trying to be more flexible, both physically and mentally. With the former, I’m aiming for back walkover flexy. As a kid, I could jump and flip like it was nothing. As an adult, backbends make my spine scream.
My mom asked, “Why would you ever need to do this?”
I said, “Personal satisfaction.”
She said, “Okay.”
Love the way she accepts the things I do 🙂
I’m still in spine-screaming stage, although the cries are slightly quieter than a few weeks ago.
As for mentally, it’s mostly about taking a breather and not worrying constantly that the sky will fall down if I let loose for a few hours.
I’m a work in progress. Always.