HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK’S GOALS
Last week I was trying to finish my revisions and DONE!
Then I did a quick read-through and sent it off to readers.
MY GOALS FOR THIS WEEK
Complete a rough draft of a synopsis
Polish my query
Fix a few issues I have with my last 40 pages or so. Nothing major, just combining two chapters and fleshing a few things out. It doesn’t change the ultimate ending, so I’m not too concerned it’s different from the beta version.
A FAVORITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED
“That doesn’t make it okay.”
THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK
I crammed in the revisions because I needed to get other, non-writing stuff done and I wanted to have it all finished before the weekend so I could unplug for a few days.
It meant I didn’t catch some formatting flubs before I sent off my document to beta readers, but I’m gonna go ahead and blame the document, not me, because everything was fine before I added page numbers 🙂
SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WiP
I’ll say my main character because I was tagged by Colin to share 5 facts about Jules.
1. She and her twin brother don’t usually get along because she thinks he’s judgmental (mostly because he calls her out on her crap), but she always has his back.
2. She’s good at softball and knows it, but her discipline sucks. Her mind wanders during drills and she’ll blame everything but herself when she has a bad game or practice.
3. She loves to drive, despite the fact she doesn’t have a license.
4. She’d never admit it out loud, but she hates disappointing her parents. And fighting with her brother.
5. When it comes to her mouth, there isn’t an off-switch. She blurts things in the heat of the moment and immediately regrets it. This line pretty much sums up Jules:
My brain was always the last to know.
I’m supposed to tag other people, but I can’t remember who has been tagged and who hasn’t, so I’m tagging the entire world.