1. Rewriting! I’ve been working on one for the past few weeks and I haven’t once wanted to pull my hair out which is really cool. Although one of my characters is the sort of broken boy I would have loved as a teen, which makes me want to cry and emotionally eat. Speaking of…
2. Eating. It’s that time of year again, that extended holiday that begins at the end of October and runs through the middle of January. I stuff my face with candy, turkey and baked goods. Currently I’m eating my way through a jar of Biscoff Spread, which I first heard about when Katy Upperman mentioned it on her blog. My hubby proclaimed it “bland,” so nom, nom, nom, it’s all mine!
3. Learning. I’m reading about rabies and when I go over to my parents this weekend for visit/laundry time, I’ll discuss my newfound knowledge with my dad who will find it as nerdily fascinating as I do. I’m so grateful for my awesome parents.
4. Nostalgia. Yesterday I was listening to online radio and heard a song that made me go, “Wait, I know this!” I hadn’t heard Portishead “Sour Times” since I was in high school. I can’t remember which friend, but I recall someone in my group playing this all the time.
4.5. AND (AND!) there is a probable Boy Meets World spin-off in the works??? I loved that show, from Cory and Shawn’s bromance to Mr. Feeny’s sage advice.
5. My cat. Aren’t furry companions the best? Especially when they do hilarious things like sulking in beer boxes.