Jennifer Pickrell

YA Writer

Dear Apartment: It’s not me, it’s definitely you

7 Comments

I’m taking a bit of a blog hiatus this summer.  I’ve been fairly busy packing, preparing to move to…

Well, no clue yet.

But hopefully something will pop up soon since we’ve only got 36 days left before we need to be out of our current place.

The trouble is, most rentals won’t allow pets.  So that knocks out 75% of places.  Of the remaining 25%, 10% are too expensive and 10% are not fit for human occupancy (I almost fell through rotting wooden steps in one).  So we’re on an elusive search for that 5%.

But I’m so civilized – why won’t you let me move in???

So that’s my summer so far.  I expect it to get even zanier as the countdown progresses, which means very few blog posts.  But I’ll be back eventually, with book and movie reviews and some pics of the new place.

Advertisements

Author: Jennifer Pickrell

I write YA contemporary filled w/ romance, angst & family drama. Currently in the query trenches. My faves include: cats, snacks & green tea.

7 thoughts on “Dear Apartment: It’s not me, it’s definitely you

  1. May you find the best of the 5% ASAP!

  2. I hope you find a suitable apartment. I’ve always found it frustrating that many places don’t accept pets.

  3. Good luck on finding a place! I have the same issue when looking for a new rental, and it’s harder with cats than with dogs… It’s like every landlord ever has a cat allergy or something.

  4. I’m rooting for you guys. I know what you mean about pets, we’ve had the same problem numerous times with our kitties. I really hope this works out for you guys, and I hope the rest of the apartment hunt and packing goes smoothly. Hang in there. 🙂

  5. Ugh. I really hope you find that 5% SOON. Good luck with the move. I moved three times in a period of one summer – not fun. Does make you throw a lot of stuff away though.

  6. We’ve been wanting a pet for ages, but have been wary of getting one because we’re renting, have a young baby and 80% of places won’t let you rent with pets, so I know exactly how you feel! It’s frustrating. I think with us it’s going to end up being a get-a-puppy-when-we’ve-bought-a-house kind of thing.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s