- Reading – I always think, “I want to write a kickass book like this!”
- TV/Movies – I’m a TV junkie, I admit. I like to watch and find people that look like my characters. I imagine casting them in movies based on my books. If that makes me lame, I’m totally okay with that.
- Everyday observation – the certain way a guy looks at his watch, the feeling of passing a creepy house, a hilarious conversation with a friend…and on and on.
- Sleeping/Showering/Driving/Working or any other activity where I can’t immediately pick up paper and jot down an idea. The more inconvenient my current situation (shampoo in my eyes while the bathroom is flooding and the phone ringing), the better the idea.
- Music – something about jumping around my office, dancing like no one’s watching (because no one is) really gets my pumped. One of my favorite freak-out songs: