The awesome ladies over at Y(A)? Cuz We Write! do a fun segment every week called Friday Fives and this week the question is:
What are FIVE pieces of useful advice you have received as an aspiring writer?
- Have patience – it’s way harder than it sounds
- Get some beta readers – oddly enough, I’m not very objective about my own writing
- Just because an agent doesn’t like my stuff, it doesn’t mean I suck
- Although, sometimes my writing does suck (hello first drafts), but that’s okay
- Connect with other writers – the YA community online is AH-MAY-ZING