I grew up/live in the DC area and years ago as a friend and I drove to work, listening to a repeat of Elliot in the Morning on DC101, the “Class” was talking about the 101 things they wanted to do before they died. That evening, Friend and I went to our fav diner hangout and proceeded to write out our own lists.
August 8, 2001
Of course, being us, we had many more than 101– it started slow, then kind-of snowballed out of control…
…some would never happen (like the going back in time to hang out in the suburbs during the 1970’s)
[yes, I seriously wrote one about hanging out the in 1970’s suburbs. And there’s one about going back to New Jersey and finding the pair of pajama pants I lost in a hotel in 2001. I forgot to repack them, I wasn’t running around sans pants or anything]
At the end of each year, I always try to pick a few to accomplish and I’ve been sorely lacking on completion the past few years, so maybe publically announcing my goals will make me more likely to want to do well.
- Go to the drive-in movie theater – there’s one like 10 minutes from my house, but I’ve never gone. I suck.
- Learn to parallel park – this one could take me all year to master.
- Batting cages – there’s a place near the drive-in theater.
- Get CPR certified – The Red Cross and the area hospitals always offers classes, think it’s a good skill to have.
- Go ice-skating – as soon as I find a rink.
Also, obviously not on my list from 10 years ago, but now:
I need to get more into Goodreads – I have an account and I think it’s an awesome site, I just haven’t had time to really figure it out. But I will…sometime in the 365 days of 2011.
Wow, I dream big, don’t I?
Wish me luck!