Persnickety Snark has this post, with a list of days/topics for the end of the year. December 25 is the “5 Most Anticipated 2011 titles,” but since I will be busy marveling over Christmas spoils, I won’t have a post that day, so here it is now:
- Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal (Jan 2011) – I’ve read a description and there was something haunting about it, it definitely has my interest piqued.
- Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins (Feb 2011) – I was surprised by how much I liked the first book in the series, Hex Hall, because I’m more of a contemp sort of gal, but the book made me laugh and I liked the main character and the whole idea of the school.
- Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard (March 2011) – I’ve heard great things about this book and the premise is different.
- Sharks and Boys by Kristen Tracy (summer 2011) – because I read the author’s description of it somewhere and she called it “sort of like the Breakfast Club meets Jaws,” which is pretty much THE best description EVER.
- I can’t narrow it down to just five. There’s a new Deb Caletti book coming out, Ripple by Mandy Hubbard looks interesting, and there are the Contemps books and tons of other goodness. And even though I don’t see any 2011 info, I’m assuming there’ll be another Jack Reacher book eventually.
Plus, there’s still a bunch of 2010 books I haven’t gotten through…
I see much reading in my future! Any other good books in 2011 I should be reading? Leave me a comment, I gladly accept suggestions.